MODIFIED: July 25, 2014
Simple rules and guideline to follow when posting content on the site forums, blogs and comments.
Notice: Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to change/edit/delete any content at any time if they feel it is inappropriate.
General rules and guidelines:
- The site is multilingual, English and French. Some content is only available in one language but it is displayed to everyone no matter the interface language selected. When replying to a forum topic, try to respect the language of the original post.
- Make sure you are posting constructive criticism, whether it's negative or positive. We believe in freedom of speech, but done in a proper manner.
- Do not:
- Flame or insult other members.
- Bypass the swear filter or other filters.
- Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reputation, Post Reporting
- Bump forum threads
- Derail a thread's topic.
- Post links to phishing sites.
- Post spam (i.e. +1, 10char, rickrolls) or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content.
- Repetitively post in the incorrect forum (example: car pooling request belongs to the car pooling forum).
- Openly argue with a moderator/administrator. Contact the Moderator via a private message.
- Share your account. Your accounts are intended for the use by one person.
- Create alternate, backup, or multiple accounts.
- Publicly post or otherwise share PMs with other users unless you have the expressed permission of the sender to do so. Private Messages are intended to be just that - private.
- The following topics are strictly off limits, including in external links:
- Porn, gross stuff, or anything else not safe for work
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Racism, discrimination
- Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads
- Report post to the moderators/administrators:
- Should you observe a fellow forum member breaking these rules please report the post to the moderators/administrators using the contact form. Make sure to provide the link in your message and the reason why you report it. You may also want to secure a screenshot in case it would be requested.
- Lifetime achievement
- Users who are found to be repeat offenders will be removed from site.